Saturday, March 23, 2019

New Equipment... Sorta

         It is officially time to start filming and I will take you guys on a magical story of how everything might have gone just exactly average. Ok so Pearse has a MUN conference and we were supposed to start filming however our schedule is super busy. I am working a lot since I need to buy a new laptop because mine broke and my parents can't afford to buy me a new one. I have recently just ordered one but it is gonna take about a few weeks to get here because I customized to meet my needs. I upped the amount of RAM memory a lot because I am constantly using multiple windows and I need a fast laptop that won't die on me when I open more than one window. I Stayed with the one terabyte of storage because I work mostly with the cloud using programs such as Google Drive to type and save my documents. I decided to go with a newer HP model that also has the touch screen option that could come in handy at any point. This model has an i7 processor compared to many laptops in the market right now with i5 which can work as well but would be easier if the RAM memory is enhanced. I enhanced the RAM memory from 8gb to 16gb that will be a significant increase in speed and price since in total the laptop ended up costing me more than a thousand dollars. I still believe it was a needed investment since it is a device I use more than my phone in some cases and what good would it do if it can't do its job efficiently. I am posting this right after my really long 7-hour shift with almost no break time. There has been a lot of cutbacks at work and it is really starting to affect the employees. But as of next week, they are going to increase the staff amount and hopefully, it will be easier for me since I am working roughly 20-30 hours (that is right my Spring Break and all I am going to do is save people LOL). It is okay from time to time I will escape and shoot the basketball a little bit. But, back to the main topic Pearse and I are 100% filming tomorrow and we have everything ready to get this project on the road. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment