Saturday, March 9, 2019

COMPUTER CATCHES ON FIRE AT SCHOOL *STORYTIME*

              Earlier this week Pearse, my partner in crime, and I researched to find a song we wanted to put into our opening. Spoiler Alert: everything goes wrong. It was a sunny morning, the birds were chirping, just kidding I don’t really know if there were birds since my earbuds were so loud I couldn’t hear my own thoughts. Skip ahead to a few hours and I’m sitting next to my co-director and we are arguing loudly. What went wrong you might ask? Well, let me tell you. I have tended to try and think outside the box quite often and it seems to make simple tasks harder to solve. But, this time I decided to keep things simple and choose a song that related to the age group we are representing and set the mood of adventure. SO as you may have guessed I searched up various playlists on playlist titled “Who Runs the World”, girls!!!
OH, I FORGOT TO TELL YOU GUYS!
           Drum roll please, “drum roll” (x3). Our main actor is going to be a female! I will explain why on my next blog posting sorry I didn’t tell you guys sooner :(
            Ok, back to the main story. So I began to suggest various female empowering songs that our audience could relate to from big artists such as Ariana Grande. However, in order to use these songs in our opening we would acquire permission from the artists and the record companies and we just don't have the time to see if Ariana Grande will answer us (I still tweeted at her to see if she sees it and/or if she wants to grab a cup of coffee,, but that's plan D). Plan A consists of finding an old school that has not been copyrighted and would be available to our usage. By the future tone of the last sentence you may have figured out we still don’t have a song, and here’s why. Website with free non copyrighted music has a large variety of EDM music, which is close to useless for us. We searched various songs we have in our oldies’ playlist but all the songs we thought would work are copyrighted. Our efforts to find a song were humongous, we wanted a win, we needed a win.
Why did we need a win?
              We had taken the SAT the day before and it was tough, really really tough.
          We never found a song. The websites we used to find out if some songs were useless and didn’t work. It was a tough process, and long. But let me tell you something. I am going to start making music now and not copyrighting it because I am not selfish, also I can’t sing so no one will want it. We are still in search of the perfect song or one that is not copyrighted whichever one comes first. So if you have any suggestions comment down below and I will take a look at it. Have a gorgeous day and keep cranking it Soulja Boy!

Here are the most played songs in movies:
https://www.billboard.com/photos/6450981/most-overplayed-songs-in-movies
Here are 19 songs every woman needs (Happy Late International Women Day!):
https://www.bustle.com/articles/93415-19-songs-every-badass-woman-needs-in-her-life
Here’s a website I signed up for free and includes many songs that you can use, sadly still no luck on my end:
https://www.epidemicsound.com/browse/?&moods=Moods.Happy&active=moods&activeFilter=energy
Here’s a picture of Pearse and me having fun:

No comments:

Post a Comment