Saturday, March 2, 2019

KANYE READ MY BLOG!!!! *NOT CLICKBAIT*

          After our group discussion and evaluating the opinions I received, I decided to find an intro to a movie to watch that had some of the same aspects I wanted to implement into my opening scene. I went on Google and decided to search ‘teen drama movies’ in order to see what type of movies would come up. Furthermore, I wasn’t surprised to find numerous amounts of movies about teen love. I watched a total of 3 opening scenes starting with:
  • Paper Towns- Begins with an establishing shot of a town with a voice over introducing the two main characters. It then switches to a young kid discovering a new girl is moving close to him (the voice over is still going) and the scene ends as the kid drops the ball he was holding in awe of this new girl and a song begins to play in at the same time. A stroke of genius.
  • The Fault in Our Stars- After watching this opening scene I remembered it was another one of John Green's famous works. I will not lie I actually cried the first time I watched this movie. The opening scene begins with a close up shot of a woman (voice over as well) as she lays in the grass and remembers beautiful times she had with what seemed to be a special boy that used to give her kisses, signaling something bad happened to them. In other words the girl was reminiscing the good old times.
  • The Edge of Seventeen- I decided to watch a third one in order to have more credibility if I decided to judge teen dramas later on in my blog. However, this one did not start out disappointing. It began with intense music as a girl power walked to a teachers office were she announced she was going to kill herself, and he laughs in her face. The shots were good, acting was good, no voice over, intriguing content, it has potential. I decided to let it roll a bit longer to find out the next scene had all the same elements as the first opening scene: young kids, voice over, etc. Once again I'll stick to the sophisticated movies I watch (just kidding last weekend I watched Hotel Transylvania 3 and it wasn’t even that bad it was pretty entertaining).
           “Maybe all the teen drama movies in the world start out the same way?” I thought to myself. Well self I have something important to share with you, there must be a reason why they do this. Answer: to be continued like & subscribe if you like my content and would like to see more checkout my previous blogs. I will be posting more each week as requested so comment down below what you guys want to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment