Friday, March 1, 2019

Gang Session

      WHAT IS UP BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE?
      Earlier this week we had our first interaction with other groups were we could share our ideas in order to gain some thoughts on our projects. At first I was very skeptical on how this meeting could work to our benefit so early into our project. But regardless I went in ready to take in any form of criticism or opinion that could work in my benefit. As I have mentioned before my partner and I want to create a film opening for a movie, specifically focusing on the drama category. After some discussion we decided upon a film opening were the main cast is mostly teenagers since it works to our advantage. Although this may seem very obvious we felt like trying to create an opening for any other genre or movie type would look less professional and could lower the art of the film opening.

       After I shared my broad idea with my peers I was able to receive some useful opinions on what they thought I could expand on and what they liked. For example, one of my peers pointed out that the music I implement to my opening has to represent the mood of the movie and the character development of the main character. Since it is a teenage movie it has a high focus on character development and how they grow or change throughout the film. They made sure to make me realize that I need to have a clear set up of what needs to be in the opening in order for it to make sense. We discussed a lot on how I should approach my blog and what to post about but for now they suggested I did more research and started to sketch out a storyboard. 

       Overall this activity did work to my advantage, however it will be more useful later on. What helped me the most about it was seeing the enthusiasm and dedication going to these projects. It shows that the environment around me is proactive and that what they shared with me was done in order to help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment