Friday, March 6, 2020

Permission Update

After a while of trying to find contacts to send emails to, I got so tired. I don’t know why it is so hard to find someone to contact and try to get permission. After a while of searching for someone to contact Sony, I found an email that could lead to a reply. Even if the person that receives it can’t help us by giving us permission they could probably redirect us to someone that can. That’s why I wasn’t too stressed about finding a specific email just simply finding one that can help us. Below is a screenshot it the email:


For the song “We Are Young” by Fun. I had no look finding anyone from Fueled By Ramen to contact. I will try to ask my teacher on tips on how to get permission because I am a mess. However, in a world with social media, I usually don’t give up so easily. Instead, I searched up every single person from the band on Instagram and sent them a direct message individually all saying the same thing. And just a few hours later I received an answer from one of the original band members himself (my friends can testify that I started screaming with joy). Not only did he answer back but he also gave his permission to use the song (under certain terms). Here are the screenshots:




Although he did warn us there might be chances that it could be taken down or flagged I still think this shows we are on the right track. I call this a win!

(I still haven't found a way to get in contact to ask permission for "Stereo Hearts" but I will keep trying)


No comments:

Post a Comment