Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Bitter Sweet!

One of the most important elements in filmmaking is sound. Last year when we worked on our movie introduction we tried to request the use of very well known pop songs however none of which gave us permission. Not only did they not give us permission they also did not answer us when we tried contacting them. It was frustrating but a truly eye-opening experience that I have kept with me since. That is why I decided to start my search for songs early on in the progress. First I had to find the songs we would want to have as part of our movie. The songs would be mainly used in the flashback scenes where our main character is remembering her past times. Since this is a coming of age film and we are targeting teens to young adults the decade we believe this song should be released in the early 2010s. Why? Simply because many of the pop songs in that era were played constantly through our school dances, car rides, parties, and by ourselves. It would trigger emotions that we look to create in our film. We want viewers to feel what the girl leaving to college feels: bitter-sweet. The wonderful feeling she’s getting from all her childhood moments and the sadness from having to grow up and leave. Which is also how I’m feeling right now since I had to sign my apartment lease... yay!...



No comments:

Post a Comment