Thursday, March 5, 2020

2010 Throwbacks!


I began my search by searching up “throwbacks 2010s” and the memories were endless. From the old Justin Bieber songs that I refused to let anyone know I listened, to the old Drake songs that made me release my inner street side. All these songs just made me feel so happy and thankful for the life I have had. And that’s the feeling we are looking for. I felt it the most in some songs specifically starting with Khalid’s song “8teen”, “We Are Young” by Fun., and “Stereo Hearts” by Gym Class Heroes. I would like to analyze all these songs individually.

“8teen” - The pros about this song is that it talks about a stage our target audience is in, has been in, or is going to be in. The con with this song is that it doesn’t have the same emotional attachment as the other ones. It is very recent and wasn’t as big of a hit when released. However, it is still an amazing song and I would love to work with it.

“We are Young” - I can’t say anything bad about this song. It is such a classic to me and I love it more than anything. I know I seem biased but no song makes me as happy as this one. I remember this song clearly playing in my eighth-grade dance and I was having the time of my life with all my friends. I know every single lyric to this song.

“Stereo Hearts” - The pros to this song is that it holds a huge attachment to my generation. It is equally as big of a hit as “We Are Young” in my opinion. The cons are that it talks about love rather than growing up or this specific time that we look to represent in our film.

All of these songs would work perfectly in our movie and I hope I find a way to get permission to use them.


No comments:

Post a Comment