Saturday, March 21, 2020

Cast Update and More

I have bad news which I think was foreshadowed in yesterday's blog post. As of today Pearse and I have officially been told that none of our cast members are available to continue working on this project. Right away I tried to contact more people to see who could work on our project and none of them are allowed to go out. It is looking pretty empty in the streets of Weston (my mom told me went she went to the grocery store) with stores continuously shutting down. However, after much thinking in my living room, I found a way to stay productive. I will be working on our 

(drum roll please)

Digital Component!!!

There are a few problems I have to work with but anything is progress (right?). First, the fact that we have no pictures to work with or edit in order to make and the official poster. However, I have good news. Pearse and Irina have been friends for a long time and have done many photoshoots together so I texted him with the possibility he might have a photo to work with even if it is just as a reference (fingers crossed). So I will be waiting to hear back to see if he finds anything but in the meantime, it will give me some time to learn how to create digital components specific to this project. A poster does not seem to complicate however it must fit the genre of our film and must include key components that attract our target audience.  


I took a screenshot of a large variety of posters that are considered 'coming of age films' which is what we also aim to create. When analyzing the posters as individuals and a group a lot of things stood out. First, the main cast members are in the poster but if it's more of a romantic movie only the couple is in the poster. The background is kept extremely simple in order to keep all the attention on the characters. And last but not least, the font needs to fit the aesthetic of the picture, movie, and cast. I will continue my progress on my next blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment