Friday, April 17, 2020

Song Permission


Since we decided to switch our storyline up there were some changes we needed to make. One of the most important changes was sound. We never really got permission to use “We Are Young” however it was super cool one of the previous band members, Andrew Dost, answered my Instagram DMs. The reason I love Instagram DMs so much is that people are constantly using social media and checking their feed. That’s why when Pearse asked me to get permission for the song Chapels by Giant Rooks I immediately sent a DM to their Instagram page. A few days had gone by and I actually forgot I had sent that message. Pearse texted me later Tuesday asking me if I had received an answer back (which I didn’t) so I felt bad and sent the same message again. I wasn’t too lazy to send an email. It was just a matter of time and I knew that Instagram would not let me down. However, Pearse had sent them an email the same day he asked me to get permission and they had already got back to him saying he had access to use the song as long as we didn’t make money (sad). But later that day I also received a DM getting permission to use the song so I was so happy that my methods worked. We are on track baby let’s goooooooo!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment